Solar Walk: The 6th Annual JBN Walkathon
Thursday, October 12, 2017
5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Many Thanks to the generous support of our 2017 Walkathon Sponsors!
Each year, JBN students, parents, teachers and staff walk together to raise money for special programs and purchases at JBN! Funds raised at this year’s Walkathon will support the ongoing renovation of our Learning Resource Center and the many fun year-round in-school and after-school activities sponsored by the PTO. These include field trips, Reading Club, Family Science Night and the Watch D.O.G.S. program, just to name a few!
This year’s Walkathon theme – Solar Walk – was chosen to celebrate the wonder of our solar system, the promise of solar energy and the amazing solar eclipse that we experienced this year!
How you can participate (PDF download of all instructions)
- Save the date! The 2017 Walkathon on October 12 is a FUN way to kick off the school year and meet other JBN families! Activities will include music, food, prizes, entertainment, and a raffle of items donated by teachers and local businesses! New this year: Fun facts and trivia about our sun and solar system. Please join us for a night of family fun at JBN!
- Buy raffle tickets during the event and win fantastic prizes! Check out our amazing big ticket prizes for Grown Ups, Kids & Families! And great prizes from JBN Teachers!
- Register your family! Your whole family can join our walk and help raise money for our school. Our pledge website makes it easy to create a family page and collect pledges. Please visit http://pledgestar.com/jbn to get started or see our instructions below! Registering now will help us plan the event and make sure we have enough prizes on hand!
- Invite your family and friends to sponsor your walk! The online pledge tool makes it easy to send emails and track of your pledges but you can also use the paper pledge form if you prefer. Win fun prizes for each challenge level you reach!
- Sponsor the Walkathon! If you have a business, please consider making a tax-deductible contribution or donating an item for our raffle. Please contact JBNWalkathon@gmail.com to learn more about sponsorship levels and recognition for your business. Individual and group contributions are also welcome!
- Become a volunteer! The Walkathon is the PTO’s largest fundraiser and we need your help to make it a success! Sign up to help with the event!
- Buy 2017 Walkathon T-shirt! All orders are completed. Extra T-shirts will be available for purchase on the day of Walkathon.
- Compete in CLASH OF THE CLASSROOMS! The classroom that collectively raises the most money and the classroom the largest number of students registered on Pledgestar will get to FACE OFF in an EPIC Silly String Battle in the JBN gym!
Thank you! Questions?
Contact the Walkathon Committee (co-chairs Denise Chludzinski & Jennifer Shanahan)
Getting started with Pledgestar
This year, our Walkathon will use an awesome web-based fundraising system that makes it much easier for you to request pledges from your family and friends, and for them to make secure credit card donations online. It’s easy, it’s fun and people who use it typically raise twice as much as those who don’t!
How to get started:
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/jbn
- Enter your name and email address, then click Register
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- After you enter your name and email, the system will email you a code. Sometimes this can take a little while, depending on the time of day.
After you enter your information, the system will help you email pledge requests to your family and friends. You will get notified each time a pledge is made, and you can track your pledge progress online.
Need help? Please call PledgeStar at 1-888-598-7510 or contact the Walkathon organizers at JBNwalkathon@gmail.com.